Got an EV6

Started by Laconian, September 24, 2022, 12:05:09 PM

r0tor

Is it gotted or waiting at a charger to get home?
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Laconian

It's getting PPF'd now.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Laconian

Ready for pickup tomorrow, but I think it might have to wait for Wednesday. Dealer is a 90 mile drive away and my husband has a busy day tomorrow.

F it, we're getting it tomorrow :rage:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on January 30, 2023, 03:43:59 PM
EV6 is vroomy thing that no make vroomy noise. It gotted got because wageslave trade life for paper and then paper for EV6

yes i understood nao
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on January 30, 2023, 03:43:59 PM
EV6 is vroomy thing that no make vroomy noise. It gotted got because wageslave trade life for paper and then paper for EV6

:lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

CaminoRacer

Quote from: giant_mtb on January 30, 2023, 01:46:31 PM
Depends on the source of the pigment for the color.  On a car...I have to imagine the difference is negligible, but gram counters be gram counting.

Edit:  I also suppose metallic vs. non-metallic would make a difference, as well. 

The metallic ND Miata paints are multiple layers, unlike the white. Apparently that is enough to add multiple pounds to the car.
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

Laconian

Pounds worth spending. I love the Mazda metal flake paints, even if they are a repair shop nightmare. :lol:

Laconian

Getting the car today! Will get a cashier's check after I'm done with my coffee and #2. This is my busy life without a job.

Laconian

Got it! I rode back in the Miata with earplugs and my husband wafted in the EV6 on L2 assist.

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Laconian

That was a long trip. 3.5 hours of MX-5 on the interstate, my ears are still ringing from the roadnoise.

After we got arrived I grabbed the keys and romped around for 30 miles. Man this car is AWESOME! The test drives didn't give me a chance to appreciate just how well this car handles, but sheesh, it really knows how to impress if you throw it into some corners!

Laconian

en garage. The roof of the car is actually lower than it looks in pictures. It's much more of a station wagon than it is an SUV.

afty

What a great looking car. What's your charging situation?

Morris Minor

Awesome - Congrats Kevin. Loving the color (& Mrs Minor loves it too.)  :cheers:
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

heelntoe

Congratulations, Kevin! I love the color!

Did you get an L2 charger installed in your garage?
@heelntoe

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

MrH

The color is awesome.  I was strongly considering one until I realized I didn't fit.

You got the GT Line??? I thought you were getting a Wind model or something?  So this is the 320 hp, AWD model, correct?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

FoMoJo

Such interesting design features.  I keep looking at the rear end, which is quite busy, but I find it appealing.

Great colour choice.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

CaminoRacer

Excellent set of cars!

Laconian

Thanks! Yes, it's a GT-line AWD. Interior is black Alacantra with white stitching and contrast panels.

Currently there is no charging situation. :lol: The car will hang out for a bit until we get something in place, whether the solution be permanent or stopgap. I don't want to DCFC it unnecessarily.

We have an Emporia 48A (11.5kW) L2 charger in a box, but haven't had a chance to get it installed yet. The delivery date was a bolt out of the blue. And the car didn't come with an L1 charger, which was some dumb new cost cutting change as of mid 2022. My neighbor recently put in an L2 charger for their BMW 540e, so I'll get her old charger for a few days as a stopgap. Once the L2 is installed the car should be brought up to full in about six hours. I called the power company and switched our power mix from solar to 100% hydro which will save us a lot of money given our anticipated future energy usage while still cutting emissions.

Laconian

Gotta figure out where I'm going to get my PPF installed. The entire staff of the auto salon that was going to do the job is down with COVID.

afty

Do you have any L3 chargers nearby?  I'm seeing Electrify America chargers popping up everywhere here in SV.  It's interesting, they seem to be installing a small number of chargers at many locations.  Whereas Tesla installs 10+ chargers in a few places.

Laconian

Yeah. All the Kroger owned stores have L3 chargers, it seems.

I'll figure something out to tide us over. :lol:

CaminoRacer

I wish Smiths (the local Kroger owned store) had L3 chargers. I know of one fancier grocery store by my in-laws that has free L3, which is awesome for charging while shopping.

Laconian

I can picture your Bolt taking dainty 30kW sips from the 350kW firehose...

heelntoe

Quote from: CaminoRacer on February 01, 2023, 06:46:33 PM
I wish Smiths (the local Kroger owned store) had L3 chargers. I know of one fancier grocery store by my in-laws that has free L3, which is awesome for charging while shopping.
The wegmans near us and the local mall have free L2 chargers and a couple of paid DC fast chargers. I have never been able to use the L2 chargers because they're always occupied.
@heelntoe

afty

Quote from: heelntoe on February 01, 2023, 09:17:22 PM
The wegmans near us and the local mall have free L2 chargers and a couple of paid DC fast chargers. I have never been able to use the L2 chargers because they're always occupied.
Same here, the Safeway up the street from me and the local Target each have a couple of free L2 chargers, but they're always in use.  Whole Foods has probably 30 L2 chargers, and 4 of them are free for some reason.  At first they were always open, but recently people have discovered it and the free ones are now always in use :(

Laconian

Borrowing an L1 charger from my neighbor. LOL

Morris Minor

If you have any friendly Tesla neighbors (or Tesla chargers at grocery stores etc) you could use one of these: https://www.evseadapters.com/products/tesla-to-j1772-adapter/
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

r0tor

Quote from: Laconian on February 01, 2023, 11:11:24 PM
Borrowing an L1 charger from my neighbor. LOL

Could you imagine if you had something like a Hummer or Ford Lightning... Probably talking a week