93JC

giant_mtb

Spirit? (Dodge vehicle, I think)

93JC

Spirit?!

This is a (my) Dodge Spirit:

Obviously, no, the vehicle in question is NOT a Dodge Spirit. :lol:

TBR

I have no clue, it is too old and too mainstream for me to recognize. But it does look like an Japanese car from the '70s.

giant_mtb

QuoteSpirit?!

This is a (my) Dodge Spirit:

Obviously, no, the vehicle in question is NOT a Dodge Spirit. :lol:
*can't see the pic*

It was just a guess.  :lol:  :lol:  

93JC

QuoteI have no clue, it is too old and too mainstream for me to recognize. But it does look like an Japanese car from the '70s. 

TOO mainstream for you to recognize? Oxymoronic much? :lol:

93JC

Quote*can't see the pic*
Which one? The first pic, or the Spirit?

ifcar

Probably another Canuck-only American car.  

ifcar

Quote*can't see the pic*
Which one? The first pic, or the Spirit?
I can't see the Spirit, but I can see the first pic. Good thing I already know what the Spirit looks like.  

TBR

QuoteTOO mainstream for you to recognize? Oxymoronic much? :lol:
I know it sounds a little odd, but you don't find too many pictures of Chevettes and Pintos in classic car mags. Ironically enough, it could also be too rare. Let's just say that classic cars aren't my specialit.  

93JC

QuoteProbably another Canuck-only American car.
Nope.  :lol:  

TBR

Better not be, that wasn't even fair. How was I suppose to know that the Chevrolet Sprint was the exact same car as the Geo Metro and Suzuki whatever it was when it was sold only in Canada?  

ifcar

I'm thinking Lancia now. This car looks familiar, but I just can't place it.

ifcar

Better not be, that wasn't even fair. How was I suppose to know that the Chevrolet Sprint was the exact same car as the Geo Metro and Suzuki whatever it was when it was sold only in Canada?
I figured it out.  :lol:

He mentions these Canadian-only domestics all the time, at least on C/D. As soon as he said that the Metro was close, I Googled "geo metro pontiac", and all the sites came up listing the Firefly and Sprint along with the Metro.  

TBR

I figured it out.  :lol:

He mentions these Canadian-only domestics all the time, at least on C/D. As soon as he said that the Metro was close, I Googled "geo metro pontiac", and all the sites came up listing the Firefly and Sprint along with the Metro.
Well aren't you special. ;) I did the hard part and then you swoop in for all the credit (actually, it was a very easy and I suspect that you also realized what it was as soon as you saw the picture).

93JC

QuoteBetter not be, that wasn't even fair. How was I suppose to know that the Chevrolet Sprint was the exact same car as the Geo Metro and Suzuki whatever it was when it was sold only in Canada?
Boo friggity hoo.  :P

ifcar did a GTCC with an Isuzu Hombre: exactly the same as the Chevy S-10 and GMC Sonoma, and only sold in the States.  :rolleyes:  

:lol:  :praise:

Now you know about the '89-91 Chevy Sprint.

Raghavan

Toyota Cressida?

TBR

QuoteBetter not be, that wasn't even fair. How was I suppose to know that the Chevrolet Sprint was the exact same car as the Geo Metro and Suzuki whatever it was when it was sold only in Canada?

ifcar did a GTCC with an Isuzu Hombre: exactly the same as the Chevy S-10 and GMC Sonoma, and only sold in the States.  :rolleyes:  

The difference is not only do the majority of us reside in the States but there is generally a lot more info on the web for cars sold in the United States than there is for cars sold exclusively in Canada.  

93JC

QuoteHe mentions these Canadian-only domestics all the time, at least on C/D.
They make great trivia questions. They're familiar, but just different enough that it can be a challenge to figure the name out.

93JC

QuoteThe difference is not only do the majority of us reside in the States but there is generally a lot more info on the web for cars sold in the United States than there is for cars sold exclusively in Canada.
Which is why they make such good GTCC candidates.  :lol:  

93JC

QuoteToyota Cressida?
Nope.

ifcar

The difference is not only do the majority of us reside in the States but there is generally a lot more info on the web for cars sold in the United States than there is for cars sold exclusively in Canada.
If I can find it, you can find it.  ;)

BTW, is it a Lancia or isn't it? (99% sure it isn't, but you never know)

Raghavan

some kind of Lancia?

TBR

QuoteThe difference is not only do the majority of us reside in the States but there is generally a lot more info on the web for cars sold in the United States than there is for cars sold exclusively in Canada.
Which is why they make such good GTCC candidates.  :lol:
Plus they give me something to gripe about. ;)

93JC

Which Lancia? Any Lancia?

ifcar

QuoteWhich Lancia? Any Lancia?
Beta.

93JC

Not a Lancia Beta.

ifcar

Raghavan

93JC

QuoteFord Cortina?
Nope.