2006 Lexus SC
0 (0%)
2007 Jaquar XK
18 (47.4%)
2005 Cadillac XLR
3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Car Zeus

I'm leaning towards leasing the 2006 BMW 650i.

I went out to Global BMW in Georgia and I was impressed with my test drive.

Catman

The Pirate

I voted for the Jag, but the BMW would be a very close second.  I've always been partial to Jaguars and would love an XJR.  The nice thing about all your picks is you really can't go wrong.  I would be happy with any of them for a daily driver.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

ro51092

ifcar

Corvette.

But from your list, the 650i seems the best choice if you don't mind the iDrive. The XK shouldn't be too bad either.

Raza

Thumbs down on the 6er, thumbs up on the XK.  Just don't get the convertible.

Unless you're set on a stick.  Then get the 6, or a Corvette as If suggested.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SaltyDog

I should hope you pick the XLR in going with La Cosa Nostra theme.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

SJ_GTI

Colonel Cadillac

Submariner

I love the C-215...but...After driving the XK, I fell in love. 

XK for the win.  It's just too damn sexy.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

nickdrinkwater

If the looks work for you, then the XK8 is the newest and I'd guess the best of the bunch.

jadewolf123

2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

BMWDave

Why arent you considering a 911?? I'd pick that car above any of these picks, by a wide margin.? Of the ones you listed though, I'd go for either the Jag or the BMW.? The Jag looks so much better than the BMW, so I'd probably give it the nod.?

Go for that^^!  And if its any consideration, a used 996 Turbo is in your price range (judging from these cars). 

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Car Zeus

For one I'm quite tall and big so that rules out a Porsche. (6'5')

I just axed the SC because of it's limited leg room.

I actually have an appointment with Hennessy Jaguar so I'll get to test drive the new 2007 XK.

BMWDave

Quote from: Car Zeus on October 09, 2006, 07:43:28 PM
For one I'm quite tall and big so that rules out a Porsche. (6'5')

I just axed the SC because of it's limited leg room.

I actually have an appointment with Hennessy Jaguar so I'll get to test drive the new 2007 XK.

I know people that tall who fit in the 911 comfortably.  I really suggest you go take a test drive, and see how the car suits you.  Unless you plan on autocrossing or tracking the car, (and thus need ample enough headroom to accommodate  a helmet), the car should be more than fine for you. 

And the driving experience is second to none, thats gotta count for something too!

2007 Honda S2000

ro51092

Quote from: BMWDave on October 09, 2006, 05:09:43 PM
Why arent you considering a 911?  I'd pick that car above any of these picks, by a wide margin.  Of the ones you listed though, I'd go for either the Jag or the BMW.  The Jag looks so much better than the BMW, so I'd probably give it the nod. 

Go for that^^!  And if its any consideration, a used 996 Turbo is in your price range (judging from these cars). 

Agreed. I'd pick that over any of the given.

TheIntrepid

650i... I was going to pick CL but then saw that it's a 2005.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

gasoline

Quote from: Car Zeus on October 09, 2006, 03:17:15 PM
I'm leaning towards leasing the 2006 BMW 650i.

I went out to Global BMW in Georgia and I was impressed with my test drive.

I think the six series is one of the ugliest cars on the market. It barely looks good from the back (and I like Bangle-Butt), but the front is just atrocious. I said it before, but it looks like a sperm whale (huge forehead). It's just horribly styled.

Flame surfacing works on the 3 and 5-Series as well as on most of the 7-Series (although he botched the headlights there as well).
I have no idea why people thing thee 6-Series looks pretty (how it drives is a different matter altogether).

Sometimes I feel so alone...

BTW, I picked the Jaguar. It's just a beautiful machine inside and out, and I suspect you'll like the test drive as well. How it will compare to the 6-Series, I am not sure.
No convertible though--get the hardtop (and legroom is not the real reason you should have dumped the SC).
-----------------------------------

thewizard16

I voted for the Jaguar. After I saw it in person, I really liked the look, and the interior is beautiful.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Colonel Cadillac

I did see a beautiful (and damn was it beautiful) Carrera S cabriolet on ebay the other day. According to the seller, it was being sold to make way for the new Gallardo Spyder.

SVT_Power

First thing that came to my mind was the 6 series. But the 911 would be a good choice as well
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

gasoline

A Corvette is hardly luxury, but I would encourage you to at least go out and test-drive one, if only for the fun of it.
Besides, you could get a Corvette Z06 for about the same price as any of these:

Z06--$70,000

6-Series--$73,900

M6--$96,100

Jaguar XK--$75,500

Lebowski

I would never buy any of those cars.

I'd rather have a Corvette if I wanted to go low budget, or a 911 if I wanted to go higher budget, than any one of those.

What I don't like about them:

2005 MB CL - I don't like big, heavy 2 doors.? Get a 4-door sedan or a sportier, ligher car IMO
2006 BMW 650i - See above
2006 Lexus SC - Not me at all, not geared anywhere near enough towards performance
2007 Jaquar XK - Great looking car!? But not that great performing and I would have doubts about reliability.? Also, I believe the last gen XK depreciated like a stone
2005 Cadillac XLR - Based on the corvette, more expensive than the corvette, and slower than the corvette.

Both the 911 and the Corvette are much better all around performers than any of the cars listed above, both are MUCH better values than any of the cars listed above, and both are perfectly tolerable/livable as daily drivers.

Lebowski

Quote from: BMWDave on October 09, 2006, 05:09:43 PM
Why arent you considering a 911?? I'd pick that car above any of these picks, by a wide margin.? Of the ones you listed though, I'd go for either the Jag or the BMW.? The Jag looks so much better than the BMW, so I'd probably give it the nod.?

Go for that^^!? And if its any consideration, a used 996 Turbo is in your price range (judging from these cars).?

^ I agree completely.  The 911 is hands down better than all of the cars listed above, and priced in the same ballpark (at least new vs. new, I realize he had a few '05s in there but also had the new XK).

Colonel Cadillac

I think you should narrow down your options to either the 911 or the Corvette.

SVT_Power

Well if he's leaning towards a 6 series, it's obvious he's more interested in a comfortable GT sort of car that'll do some spirited driving. 911 and vette are much more of serious sports cars than the 6 series
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

gasoline

Guys! He aleady said he's too tall for the 911.

BMWDave

Quote from: Lebowski on October 09, 2006, 08:45:25 PM
^ I agree completely. The 911 is hands down better than all of the cars listed above, and priced in the same ballpark (at least new vs. new, I realize he had a few '05s in there but also had the new XK).

And when you factor in thats its the best to drive, the best looking, and the car that gets the most honies, its really a no brainer in my book. :lol: 

Seriously Zeus, I mean there are options in that range that are so much better than buying a new XK or 6 series.  If youre more into luxury, you could always buy a 996 Turbo with low miles.  It will flat out spank anything in your list performance wise, and its comfortable and practical (esp with AWD) to boot.  I'd recommend test driving the Z06, 996 Turbo, and the 997 Carrera at the very least.  I think you'll find that they're much more attractive options.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Quote from: M_power on October 09, 2006, 08:47:28 PM
Well if he's leaning towards a 6 series, it's obvious he's more interested in a comfortable GT sort of car that'll do some spirited driving. 911 and vette are much more of serious sports cars than the 6 series

A 996 Turbo would easily fulfill the need for a "comfortable" car, while at the same time having performance that will blow your mind. 

2007 Honda S2000