2008 Ford Focus

Started by gasoline, January 06, 2007, 10:23:52 PM

gasoline

-----------------------------------

TBR

Barf. I see Ion, though I am not sure why.

Edit- interior shot just loaded. barf again.

gasoline

I hope it gets people out of their Corollas.
It looks nice.

SVT666

I like it.  headlight design is very reminiscent of the Contour, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Eye of the Tiger

So once again, they are merely restyling an the old platform.
I fart in your general direction.... and pee too :pee: (Ford)
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TBR

I don't have a problem with them using the old platform (it is still competitive), but the styling is such a mish-mash it is ridiculous. I see too much Ion and Impala and not nearly enough Mondeo (though there is a little on the side panels) or Fusion.

The Pirate

I liked the current one better, except for the tail lights on the hatchback.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

gasoline

The Pirate

Looks like it'd be tough to impossible to change the head unit in that car.  Not a good move on Ford's part IMO.

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

gasoline

^^Hot in that last picture!

SVT666

Quote from: The Pirate on January 06, 2007, 10:48:13 PM
Looks like it'd be tough to impossible to change the head unit in that car.? Not a good move on Ford's part IMO.
Show me a current car where that would be easy?

SVT666

The more pictures I see, the more I like it.

gasoline

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 06, 2007, 10:54:25 PM
The more pictures I see, the more I like it.
Same here.
Here are too many to post. Go here to see the rest:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-ford-focus/

The Pirate

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 06, 2007, 10:52:49 PM
Show me a current car where that would be easy?

So, yeah, I did a quick google image search, and it appears you are correct.  The newest car I've owned is 7 years old, things have changed since then...

It's still bull though, a lot of people like to upgrade the stereos in their cars.

SVT666

My 2000 Pontiac Sunfire's airbags were controlled by the stereo.  I got an aftermarket deck put in and they had to mount to stock deck in the trunk so that the airbags would still work in a collision.  Manufacturers want you to buy their most expensive system so they do shit like that to turn the consumer off of the aftermarket and fork out the dollars for the factory premium sound system.

gasoline

Colonel Cadillac

:pee: This redesign

Absolutely terrible. Except for the interior, what the hell were they thinking  :banghead:

gasoline

SaltyDog

Civic front end, Spectra side, Sebring hood, Ion wheels.  Overall very bad, which is a shame because I like the current gen.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

the Teuton

Why can't Ford just give us what they have in Europe, which is a far better car.  All of that metal-looking material on the dash is just an excuse for Ford to make more cars with hard plastic all over the dash instead of upgrading the materials.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

MX793

I see a little bit of Saturn Ion, a little bit of Hyundai Tiburon, and a little bit of new Chrysler Sebring (the hood mainly).  And the vertical front turn signals kind ape Nissan.  The design could have some potential with a little cleaning up.  The chrome "gills" behind the front wheels in particular need to go. 

I must give them credit for changing the shape of the car so it's not super apparent that it's just a refresh of the same old.

The interior styling looks pretty good (or at least better than the current car), but some of the plastics look kind of cheap in the pictures, which doesn't bode well for the real-deal. 
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

280Z Turbo

I'll keep my '02 ZX3. Say what you want about the old Focus, but I love the design of it. I just think it has a nice clean shape with short overhangs and modern lines. The current facelifted model is okay, but I think some of the sleekness of the original design was compromised for a more American look.

This one is no good. The sedan looks a lot better, but the coupe... :nono:

If you have a short FWD car like this, don't even try to make a coupe. It obviously doesn't work.

They should have kept the ZX3/ZX5. Trunks are a waste of space, IMO. You're taking up the same amount of space on the road so why not use it all up?

MX793

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 07, 2007, 12:30:52 AM
I'll keep my '02 ZX3. Say what you want about the old Focus, but I love the design of it. I just think it has a nice clean shape with short overhangs and modern lines. The current facelifted model is okay, but I think some of the sleekness of the original design was compromised for a more American look.

This one is no good. The sedan looks a lot better, but the coupe... :nono:

If you have a short FWD car like this, don't even try to make a coupe. It obviously doesn't work.

They should have kept the ZX3/ZX5. Trunks are a waste of space, IMO. You're taking up the same amount of space on the road so why not use it all up?

I thought the hatchbacks are still in the lineup.  To my knowledge, the wagon was the only model that got the axe.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

gasoline

Click on thumbnails for press release with pics:

omicron

Lines going everywhere, fake vents, soiled-nappy headlights, 74 grilles all over the place, interiors made from plastic bags and toilet roll holders, giant fat arse.

My God; it's the Honda of Fords!

I leave you with this:

pommes-t

Looks absolutely disgusting. Is this finally based on the EUro-version?

Oh, and

ifcar

Headlights seem to be a mix of Sebring and Sentra, the taillights might be better off larger, and fortunately that ridiculous interior trim is only on the SEL. But the basics are there. It has a new look that it shares with other Fords, it's bold, it's likable, and they made it look like an all-new car. The interior is improved to the point where the leather doesn't look out of place. It's lighter than it was pre-update, and they claim to have sharpened the steering feel.

It will remain a highly competitive car, and no longer looks either old or anonymous.

Catman

Quote from: ifcar on January 07, 2007, 05:51:58 AM
Headlights seem to be a mix of Sebring and Sentra, the taillights might be better off larger, and fortunately that ridiculous interior trim is only on the SEL. But the basics are there. It has a new look that it shares with other Fords, it's bold, it's likable, and they made it look like an all-new car. The interior is improved to the point where the leather doesn't look out of place. It's lighter than it was pre-update, and they claim to have sharpened the steering feel.

It will remain a highly competitive car, and no longer looks either old or anonymous.

Agreed.  It's fine for this segment.  Personally, I would left out that side vent/grille, whatever it is.

Catman

rohan

Quote from: gasoline on January 06, 2007, 11:28:41 PM

picture #1 does anyone else see they are just copying the Acura TL?
Picture #2 What the hell is Ford doing with these stupid vent things?  Why is this suddenly cool for Frod?  WTH? :wtf:
Picture#3 actually this is kinda a cool picture.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle