(Really Crappy) Pics of Subaru Red Rocks Meet...56k go pound sand!

Started by S204STi, March 25, 2007, 03:12:22 PM

S204STi

So this sunday the 25th there was a big Subaru meet down at Red Rocks park, which is SW of Denver.? I forgot our digital, but my phone has a grainer cam built in.? Here are the pics, try to hide your disdain for my photography.

Overall, there were 225 cars in the morning before I left at noon.? I figure that was the high point of the event.

Very beautiful view!

Nice blue STI

Makes me wish I went with red:

Not digging the pic wheels...

Saabaru:

Beautiful all-original Brat:

Lifted GL

Even the Ghostbusters showed up!

He even had a siren that sounded just like the one in the movies!

Even some non-Subaru folks showed up:

Very nice new 335i

V70R

Prancing Moose

Kinda rough GMC Typhoon

Funny sticker found on a Cobalt SS.? Owner seemed kinda arrogant though, like he wanted to stand out in a crowd of Scoobs.

I have some more I may post up if I get some motivation,? have to text my email address one at a time...

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raghavan

Raza

Nice.  And red really looks good on the hawkeye WRXs.  I post a pic I've posted many times before:

I had it as my sig for a while, when I was sure that I was getting a WRX.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

goldenlover1101

I like that red one raza, slick looking car. The prancing moose is hilarious, I want one for my girlfriends Sentra. The cobalt sticker is funny, but it comes off a little arrogant also.

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

ro51092

Quote from: Raghavan on March 25, 2007, 03:49:15 PM
I still like the bugeyed scoobs the best.

Yeah, me too.

But that WRX STi is beautiful, almost as beautiful as that E92.

the Teuton

This car's owner is on RS25.com.  I've seen it before.  And you've just confirmed why I'm finally going to join a Subaru club.  That looks really cool.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

the Teuton

Did you see any H6 swaps in any of the Imprezas?  This looks like a huge meet.  Is it a NASIOC meet?

This is making me want to get home and drive my car even more now.  Damn college!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

Quote from: the Teuton on March 25, 2007, 06:01:51 PM
Did you see any H6 swaps in any of the Imprezas?? This looks like a huge meet.? Is it a NASIOC meet?

This is making me want to get home and drive my car even more now.? Damn college!

It was organized by awdpirates.net, which as far as I can tell was a spinoff of NASIOC much like CarSPIN is a spinoff of C/D.  However I read about it in the Rocky Mountain Impreza Club  forum on NASIOC.

No, there were no H6 swaps but I did see two SVXs and there was even a very rare RX with an EJ25 swap, and one of the lifted GLs also had an EJ22 swap.

the Teuton

Quote from: R-inge on March 25, 2007, 10:09:33 PM
It was organized by awdpirates.net, which as far as I can tell was a spinoff of NASIOC much like CarSPIN is a spinoff of C/D.? However I read about it in the Rocky Mountain Impreza Club? forum on NASIOC.

No, there were no H6 swaps but I did see two SVXs and there was even a very rare RX with an EJ25 swap, and one of the lifted GLs also had an EJ22 swap.

Very cool.

S204STi

BTW, I finally worked up the courage for a full-throttle launch (we're talking redline + slip left foot off the pedel suddenly).

The results are amazing.  First off, you don't just chirp all four tires, you HOWL them for a full second before that thing takes off.  Because the rev limit is actually just past redline I hit 60 just as I was coming out of second gear.  Didn't bother timing it, but it was pretty quick.  Wife was impressed at least!

Oh, and no I don't plan to make a habit of it, just wanted to get it out of my system. :lol:

the Teuton

If you didn't live so far away, I think it would be fun to go rally crossing at some point.  There's no sense in having a car like that to keep it clean.

S204STi

Quote from: the Teuton on March 25, 2007, 10:27:42 PM
If you didn't live so far away, I think it would be fun to go rally crossing at some point.? There's no sense in having a car like that to keep it clean.

You live in western PA right?  I lived in Blairsville for 6months when I went to WyoTech.  Complete dump.  But there are some fun roads around there.

S204STi

Quote from: TheIntrepid on March 25, 2007, 03:43:20 PM
:confused: @ the Cobalt sticker.
Yeah, kinda funny having that sticker on your car at a mostly-WRX meet...pretty much any other car there would have blown the doors off that thing!

the Teuton

Quote from: R-inge on March 25, 2007, 10:30:25 PM
You live in western PA right?? I lived in Blairsville for 6months when I went to WyoTech.? Complete dump.? But there are some fun roads around there.

Pittsburgh, or at least the part I live in is nice.  I usually live in Ohio--not too far from Yoder.  When did you finish Wyotech?

850CSi

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on March 25, 2007, 10:19:51 PM
BTW, I finally worked up the courage for a full-throttle launch (we're talking redline + slip left foot off the pedel suddenly).

The results are amazing.  First off, you don't just chirp all four tires, you HOWL them for a full second before that thing takes off.  Because the rev limit is actually just past redline I hit 60 just as I was coming out of second gear.  Didn't bother timing it, but it was pretty quick.  Wife was impressed at least!

Oh, and no I don't plan to make a habit of it, just wanted to get it out of my system. :lol:

Nice.  Due to some recent intelligence sharing, it seems that I'll be looking at a 9-2X Aero in 2008.  Race?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FordSVT

Quote from: R-inge on March 25, 2007, 10:32:33 PM
Yeah, kinda funny having that sticker on your car at a mostly-WRX meet...pretty much any other car there would have blown the doors off that thing!

That's probably why he underestimated his 0-60 time by a full second. That does say "under 5.1 seconds", not "6.1", right? The photograph isn't high-res but that font looks like a "5". Stupid sticker though, you'd think he was driving a 600 Lambo or something. "Warning" indeed. It's the redneck variant of the ricer.

The SC'ed Cobalts are quick though; my Mustang is a lot faster but I sometimes drink with a guy who owns an RX-8 and he was surprised by one he couldn't shake all the way to 110 mph. He started to pull away after that, which leads me to think it must take a looong time for the Cobalt to hit 140+.
-FordSVT-

S204STi

Quote from: FordSVT on March 26, 2007, 07:10:22 AM
That's probably why he underestimated his 0-60 time by a full second. That does say "under 5.1 seconds", not "6.1", right? The photograph isn't high-res but that font looks like a "5". Stupid sticker though, you'd think he was driving a 600 Lambo or something. "Warning" indeed. It's the redneck variant of the ricer.

The SC'ed Cobalts are quick though; my Mustang is a lot faster but I sometimes drink with a guy who owns an RX-8 and he was surprised by one he couldn't shake all the way to 110 mph. He started to pull away after that, which leads me to think it must take a looong time for the Cobalt to hit 140+.
-FordSVT-

I think it said 6.1, but the resolution sucks and my memory is already fogging.

FordSVT

Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 01:47:27 PM

Then he must feel dumb surrounded by cars that can get a 5.4-5.6 second 0-60 time and have 20+ more hp.

Stickers are DUMB.
-FordSVT-

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FordSVT on March 26, 2007, 01:49:02 PM
Then he must feel dumb surrounded by cars that can get a 5.4-5.6 second 0-60 time and have 20+ more hp.

Stickers are DUMB.
-FordSVT-

:nono: nope, wrong. Stickers are awesome!  :rockon:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

I don't think they could have picked a better place to hold it either.  That setting looks beautiful.

Champ

Quote from: R-inge on March 25, 2007, 10:32:33 PM
Until you hit 3rd gear then it's bye bye WRX! (stock for stock at least, I'm sure there were several dozen modded WRX at that meet.  Seems like a big tuning base)

the Teuton

Quote from: Champ on March 26, 2007, 03:01:24 PM
Until you hit 3rd gear then it's bye bye WRX! (stock for stock at least, I'm sure there were several dozen modded WRX at that meet.? Seems like a big tuning base)

I would imagine that some of the cars at an event like that could hand a new Z06 its ass until about 120 mph.  Some of those cars are insane.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 01:47:27 PM

From a distance, it looks like 5.1, but when I shove my face up to the screen, it's a 6.1.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

Quote from: Champ on March 26, 2007, 03:01:24 PM
Until you hit 3rd gear then it's bye bye WRX! (stock for stock at least, I'm sure there were several dozen modded WRX at that meet.? Seems like a big tuning base)

Not with 200 supercharged horsepower...I put that much down at the wheels.