Got an EV6

Started by Laconian, September 24, 2022, 12:05:09 PM

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Laconian on March 21, 2023, 01:21:54 PM
I literally had a range anxiety nightmare last night. I have never had any range issues and never had to DCFC the car, but my subconscious made it out to be a horrible experience. And even though I was topping it up to 100% on my app, the car only registered 10-15 miles of range. LOL

That Nissan Leaf degradation lol
2020 BMW 330i, 1969 El Camino, 2017 Bolt EV

AutobahnSHO

nice hitch!
I kinda want one for Civic and Miata.
Will

Laconian

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 22, 2023, 06:00:06 PM
nice hitch!
I kinda want one for Civic and Miata.

On the Miata...? Talk about departure angle hell :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Eye of the Tiger

I have a big hitch step for TUNDRA. I could see it on a Miata just as well. In case you need to reach the windshield from the trunk. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on March 22, 2023, 07:02:06 PM
On the Miata...? Talk about departure angle hell :lol:

My car is stock height, would be about the same as yours :thumbsup:
Will

Laconian

Should be a fun week for the EV6.

On Monday, I'm taking it to the ski slopes. I'm very interested to see how it deals with a bit of snow and slush. Tuesday will be sunny and warm so we're hauling our bikes to the coast. The round trip distance should be within the car's range but the aero drag from the bikes might reduce the range.

And the following Sunday we will be driving to Oregon which will definitely require a hit of DCFC. I haven't even created my EA account yet. I should get on that.

Laconian

Round trip to the slopes complete. Charged it to 100% in the morning, and had 39% left in the tank when we got back home. The car gets goingfine with the snow but the OEM tires are kind of shit - the limits were pretty low as I practiced sudden steering and stopping in the parking lot.

It was a very soothing ride home!

Eye of the Tiger

Laconian

39% of my ions were still hanging onto their cathodes.

Morris Minor

Quote from: Laconian on March 27, 2023, 07:50:30 PM
Round trip to the slopes complete. Charged it to 100% in the morning, and had 39% left in the tank when we got back home. The car gets goingfine with the snow but the OEM tires are kind of shit - the limits were pretty low as I practiced sudden steering and stopping in the parking lot.

It was a very soothing ride home!
Good to hear  - the soothing low stress experience is a repeat theme that does not get talked about much.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on March 27, 2023, 08:46:05 PM
39% of my ions were still hanging onto their cathodes.

Tap into the ionosphere.

Laconian

Hauled the bikes to the seaside. I observed a 17% reduction in range (3.0mi/kWh -> 2.5).

I met up with my parents who were camping in their RV nearby, so I sipped some free 240V from their hookup and re-upped the car to 80%. Goddamn the meter was spinning like crazy. :lol:

AutobahnSHO

LOL that's a testament to great aerodynamics (without bikes).

I just saw a black EV6 on my way home from work- very handsome.
Will

Laconian

Battery preconditioning meant the difference between 80-100kW peak DCFC and 205kW.

God, it's awkward walking around these dead malls. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Laconian on April 08, 2023, 07:16:45 PM
Battery preconditioning meant the difference between 80-100kW peak DCFC and 205kW.

God, it's awkward walking around these dead malls. :lol:

You're at a shopping mall? I just assume most of them are crack houses these days.

Laconian

I guess Kia EV sales are down 35% because none of theirs qualify for the tax credit.

No doubt the stealership markups are gone. I bought at the peak :cry:

Laconian

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 08, 2023, 07:41:07 PM
You're at a shopping mall? I just assume most of them are crack houses these days.

The Electrify America stations I used in Longview are at an old shopping mall. I walked in to use the facilities and out of morbid curiosity. The economic malaise on display is such an unsettling feeling.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Laconian on April 10, 2023, 01:00:25 PM
I guess Kia EV sales are down 35% because none of theirs qualify for the tax credit.

There's at least 9 of them at the dealership near me. I should stop by and low ball them :lol:

MrH

What do the morons on Twitter say?

HODL!!! Maybe hope WW3 breaks out and any tangible asset goes up in value :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MrH

Quote from: Laconian on April 10, 2023, 01:05:48 PM
The Electrify America stations I used in Longview are at an old shopping mall. I walked in to use the facilities and out of morbid curiosity. The economic malaise on display is such an unsettling feeling.

My old house was dangerously close to a mall that was going downhill fast.  It was quickly becoming prime Hollywood shooting location for a depressing apocalyptic movie.  I had to flee!  So glad that I did.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Laconian

Quote from: CaminoRacer on April 10, 2023, 01:37:26 PM
There's at least 9 of them at the dealership near me. I should stop by and low ball them :lol:

It looks like GTs and GT-Lines are still selling at MSRP, but the Winds are getting discounted.

Morris Minor

When it comes to poorly-drafted, byzantine, insanely-prescriptive, screwed-up legislation. the Inflation "Reduction" Act stands high on the podium of shame.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

r0tor

You can still get the rebate as long as you lease though  :nutty:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Laconian

CaminoRacer

I checked online. They have 11 EV6s. The Winds are $53-55k, GT-lines $56-57k, GTs for $60-61k. Much closer spread than I would have expected!

Laconian

Goddammit, I did buy at the peak :lol:

GT-Line is a no-brainer IMO, especially because of the extra insulating laminated glass.

giant_mtb

Quote from: MrH on April 10, 2023, 01:51:17 PM
My old house was dangerously close to a mall that was going downhill fast.  It was quickly becoming prime Hollywood shooting location for a depressing apocalyptic movie.  I had to flee!  So glad that I did.

Just watched a Vice piece from 2016 on abandoned malls.  Covered three malls in Cleveland, Akron, and Euclid.  Looking at the spots on Google Maps today...each mall they visited was torn down and is now an Amazon fulfillment center.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 12, 2023, 10:41:50 AM
Just watched a Vice piece from 2016 on abandoned malls.  Covered three malls in Cleveland, Akron, and Euclid.  Looking at the spots on Google Maps today...each mall they visited was torn down and is now an Amazon fulfillment center.

I'd rather have them turn each store into an apartment. I want to walk out a store front and walk my dogs inside.

CaminoRacer

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on April 12, 2023, 11:10:39 AM
I'd rather have them turn each store into an apartment. I want to walk out a store front and walk my dogs inside.

Not the worst idea. Certainly easier to do than converting office buildings into apartments.

SJ_GTI

I suspect the effort of converting them from commercial building code to residential building codes would be cost prohibitive. Probably cheaper to tear it down and build new from scratch.