Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

J86

Shoot down to the Acme Oyster House on the corner of Iberville and Royal.  Only a block or so from your hotel and they have oysters and Turbodog on draft :lol:

saxonyron

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2010, 08:03:07 PM
Get out of my thread, you old fogies. :rage:

Oh Shit!  Sorry bout that.  Forgot where we were for a minute. So, how's the car coming along?  At least the dirtbag dealer gave you the dough back. They figure they'll take their chances that 1 out of 10 people will be to cowardly to ask for the money, so they keep it.  It's worth a try...if you're a shitbag crook of a car salesman.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 08:14:55 PM
Shoot down to the Acme Oyster House on the corner of Iberville and Royal.  Only a block or so from your hotel and they have oysters and Turbodog on draft :lol:

I'm on my way.  They're about a hundred yards from here.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

giant_mtb

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 08:15:44 PM
Oh Shit!  Sorry bout that.  Forgot where we were for a minute. So, how's the car coming along?  At least the dirtbag dealer gave you the dough back. They figure they'll take their chances that 1 out of 10 people will be to cowardly to ask for the money, so they keep it.  It's worth a try...if you're a shitbag crook of a car salesman.

I was kidding, I certainly don't mind.  I'll probably start a new thread once I get the beast. :ohyeah:  Pickin' it up Friday!

J86

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 08:16:51 PM
I'm on my way.  They're about a hundred yards from here.

Enjoy!  Join the 15 dozen club... :lol:

J86

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2010, 08:18:05 PM
I was kidding, I certainly don't mind.  I'll probably start a new thread once I get the beast. :ohyeah:  Pickin' it up Friday!

that's sweet!  take a pic!

giant_mtb

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 08:19:14 PM
that's sweet!  take a pic!

I will.  I won't be able to post here until probably Saturday (I'll be on the road all day/night Friday), but I'll prolly throw an iPhone picture up on Facebook that someone from here can link to this place. :ohyeah:

saxonyron

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 28, 2010, 08:18:05 PM

I figured you were kidding, but I really did forget where we were.  I thought I was in the New Orleans GTG thread.  :huh:

Good luck on Friday.  Nothing beats that feeling of picking up a new car.  Well, almost nothing...

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

The Pirate

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 08:10:41 PM
Turbodog is delicious.  My favorite Abita is probably their Red Ale.  Their Jockamo IPA is pretty decent, but a bit too sweet for my tastes when Im looking for an IPA. 

BTW if youre ever in NYC, Gingerman on E 36th has Abita sometimes.

I've only ever had the Turbodog.  I'll get to try the rest of them someday soon.  And thanks for the tip on Gingerman, I do find myself in NYC fairly frequently (friends and family there).
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TBR

Quote from: Raza  on April 28, 2010, 02:40:51 PM
Mildly interesting is a very geeky way. 

The alternative is LOTR. Need I say more.

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 08:13:28 PM
Now I'm getting thirsty.  I might just slip out and grab a pint.

Or two? Or three?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on April 28, 2010, 06:47:24 PM
:rage: :rage:
WTF is that all about?

After meeting you, I'm very skeptical about your supposedly delinquent ways before. And your claims of speeding have not been verified yet.

So all in all, you no cool.  :devil:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the Teuton

General impressions from all y'all:

-Nick: Much quieter than I was expecting, very much the same person from the forums but toned down
-Eddie: Perhaps it's because it was the first time meeting everyone, but you're quieter than I imagined, and not quite as stereotypically Asian -- which is a good thing
-Ron: Anyone with 37 kids has to have a good sense of humor, probably the sort of person you'd want to grab a pint with
-Dave: ForumDad, you have to wonder WTF he was like before he started taking Geritol :devil:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on April 28, 2010, 10:22:41 PM

-Nick: Much quieter than I was expecting, very much the same person from the forums but toned down
-Eddie: Perhaps it's because it was the first time meeting everyone, but you're quieter than I imagined, and not quite as stereotypically Asian -- which is a good thing
-Ron: Anyone with 37 kids has to have a good sense of humor, probably the sort of person you'd want to grab a pint with
-Dave: ForumDad, you have to wonder WTF he was like before he started taking Geritol :devil:

I was pretty tired from all the driving and what not and yeah I was probably more quiet because I had never met anyone (save for nick) there before.

And whaddaya mean "not quite as stereotypically Asian"

the Teuton

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 28, 2010, 10:25:28 PM
I was pretty tired from all the driving and what not and yeah I was probably more quiet because I had never met anyone (save for nick) there before.

And whaddaya mean "not quite as stereotypically Asian"

I mean, Asians only talk about two things usually: school and cars, mostly of a ricey nature. Have you seen Gran Torino? The little Hmong kid who hangs around with Clint Eastwood -- he's stereotypically Asian.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on April 28, 2010, 10:28:07 PM
I mean, Asians only talk about two things usually: school and cars, mostly of a ricey nature. Have you seen Gran Torino? The little Hmong kid who hangs around with Clint Eastwood -- he's stereotypically Asian.

I don't even remember what I talked about during the GTG.

My dad and I had a very technical discussion about car engines and the future of the IC engine over dinner. My mom started to get ticked off and said "pay the bill and then come out after you guys are done"  :lol:

And really, I'm not that asian. I play hockey and ultimate frisbee (the two whitest sports around IMO)! I don't really have an accent either.

Oh and, yes I have seen the movie. Great flick btw.

the Teuton

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 28, 2010, 10:31:04 PM
I don't even remember what I talked about during the GTG.

My dad and I had a very technical discussion about car engines and the future of the IC engine over dinner. My mom started to get ticked off and said "pay the bill and then come out after you guys are done"  :lol:

And really, I'm not that asian. I play hockey and ultimate frisbee (the two whitest sports around IMO)! I don't really have an accent either.

Oh and, yes I have seen the movie. Great flick btw.

My old roommate was stereotypically Asian: "Yo, dude, I just ordered an intercooler for the E30. Yo, I really miss my 500 hp Supra, with an HKS [blah blah]....

[15 minutes later]

Yo, dude, I'm going to drop a 2JZ into my E30..."

That. Was. The. Extent. Of. Every. Fucking. Conversation.

No, you're not stereotypically Asian 'cause it would either be about rice boyz crap or how your life is incomplete because you didn't get into an Ivy League school.

Takeaway: this is a good thing. Feel fortunate you're not.

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on April 28, 2010, 10:35:24 PM
My old roommate was stereotypically Asian: "Yo, dude, I just ordered an intercooler for the E30. Yo, I really miss my 500 hp Supra, with an HKS [blah blah]....

[15 minutes later]

Yo, dude, I'm going to drop a 2JZ into my E30..."

That. Was. The. Extent. Of. Every. Fucking. Conversation.

No, you're not stereotypically Asian 'cause it would either be about rice boyz crap or how your life is incomplete because you didn't get into an Ivy League school.

Takeaway: this is a good thing. Feel fortunate you're not.

:lol:

I get what you're saying now.

saxonyron

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 28, 2010, 10:00:19 PM
Or two? Or three?

Eh, just 2.  And I never got to Acme's Oysters - about 30 people waiting in line on the sidewalk to get in.  So I ended back up in the hotel bar.  Still a good place to be.  :cheers:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 10:58:06 PM
Eh, just 2.  And I never got to Acme's Oysters - about 30 people waiting in line on the sidewalk to get in.  So I ended back up in the hotel bar.  Still a good place to be.  :cheers:

Did you search for a tranny hooker?

saxonyron

Hey Jake, FWIW, you were pretty much exactly as I figured you would be.  And yes, I'm hilarious. And since Dave is about my age, you'd better lay off the "Geritol" jokes or we'll both open up a can of Whoop-Ass on you at the next GTG.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 28, 2010, 10:59:27 PM
Did you search for a tranny hooker?

:lol:  Hell, on Bourbon Street, the tranny hookers search for you.  And I'm sure I saw a few these past few days, but just didn't notice.  There is one hell of a cast of characters down here! 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

the Teuton

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 11:09:06 PM
Hey Jake, FWIW, you were pretty much exactly as I figured you would be.  And yes, I'm hilarious. And since Dave is about my age, you'd better lay off the "Geritol" jokes or we'll both open up a can of Whoop-Ass on you at the next GTG.

Bring it, Andre!

And is that a good thing or a bad thing? :lol:

dazzleman

Next time you come here, I'm serving you dog food.... :lol:

Actually, you have hit a raw nerve.  I think my job is aging me terribly.  My old boss retired 2 months ago, and I heard he looks 5 years younger already.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 28, 2010, 10:02:07 PM
After meeting you, I'm very skeptical about your supposedly delinquent ways before. And your claims of speeding have not been verified yet.

So all in all, you no cool.  :devil:

Delinquent ways?  :huh:

We were going a bit over 80 mph on the way to the train.  Or did you not notice, because you're so used to driving falling apart rustbuckets that feel like 80 mph when you're doing 40?  :evildude:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 06:56:47 PM
:lol: I think Eddie is still mad because you beat up on him for being a slacker.  He's venting.  Not sure why he's laying the beat down on me, though.  :cry:  Although he did say I was "pretty cool", so I guess that's a start.

He based that on actual body temperature.  With as little hair as you have left, your body heat dissipates much faster than it does for a normal person.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: The Pirate on April 28, 2010, 08:36:47 PM
I've only ever had the Turbodog.  I'll get to try the rest of them someday soon.  And thanks for the tip on Gingerman, I do find myself in NYC fairly frequently (friends and family there).

Ha!  I've been there.  Famous for its beer selection, I drank bourbon all night long.  Mostly Basil Hayden.
:thumbsup:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on April 29, 2010, 05:50:10 AM
He based that on actual body temperature.  With as little hair as you have left, your body heat dissipates much faster than it does for a normal person.

If we're talking about losing body heat due to lack of hair, Dave would be iceman...  :devil:

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: J86 on April 28, 2010, 08:14:55 PM

Luke happy hour! $.50 oysters and half-off drinks!

I sure hope I'm invited for a beer with you and Ron later. I've got these projects due today and tomorrow, but I should be able to do something for a bit tonight.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: saxonyron on April 28, 2010, 11:12:02 PM
:lol:  Hell, on Bourbon Street, the tranny hookers search for you.  And I'm sure I saw a few these past few days, but just didn't notice.  There is one hell of a cast of characters down here! 

I'll say!