Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

dazzleman

Quote from: the Teuton on April 30, 2010, 05:54:12 PM
You're outperforming PlastiCar.

Once again, awesome choice. You wouldn't be getting numbers like that in a Bimmer.

If I keep it to 55 mph, I can get about 33 mpg in my car.  Of course, I never do that, and usually get about 29 mpg on the highway.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

the Teuton

Quote from: dazzleman on April 30, 2010, 07:25:29 PM
If I keep it to 55 mph, I can get about 33 mpg in my car.  Of course, I never do that, and usually get about 29 mpg on the highway.

I'm getting 33 at about 65-70. 29 for your car isn't bad at all. I've never tried to do better.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

dazzleman

Quote from: SVT_Power on April 30, 2010, 09:09:59 AM
I don't judge speeding by the absolute number. I judge it by the relative speed vs. the flow of traffic. Like if you're doing 80 and everyone else is doing 85. I didn't really pay attention to the flow of traffic but definitely didn't feel like you were going much faster  :devil:

I don't know what you expected.  We were on the highway for no more than about 2 miles.  At much of it was in the left lane, passing other cars.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Eye of the Tiger

Swift gets 39 mpg. A4 is a gas hog.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Now, did you bring enough for the whole forum?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

giant_mtb

Nope.  I'm a selfish bastard.  Just got the one.  You're welcome to come over, though, and take 'er for a spin. ;)

Rupert

ok b there in 30 hrs

Rich

You can ride from ID to MI when I start my trip Sunday
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Rupert

Haha, totally tempting, if I didn't have 5 million things to do before June.

nickdrinkwater

Congratulations man...must be a great feeling to finally have the car, enjoy!

giant_mtb

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on May 01, 2010, 07:28:43 AM
Congratulations man...must be a great feeling to finally have the car, enjoy!

Thanks man.  It is a pretty awesome feeling!  'Twas an awesome start to my summer vacation. :cheers:

r0tor

congrats... but no led's?!?!?  :facepalm:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

CALL_911

Quote from: r0tor on May 01, 2010, 08:52:17 AM

LEDs are for people with ADD. They're going to look very tacky in a few years, IMO.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 01, 2010, 07:55:56 AM
Thanks man.  It is a pretty awesome feeling!  'Twas an awesome start to my summer vacation. :cheers:

No doubt!  Make sure you post some pics soon though!

saxonyron

I'm on mobile now so no pics yet, but congrats on the  car! And major props for the tranny choice. :ohyeah: You absolutely will Not regret it.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

hotrodalex

Quote from: saxonyron on May 01, 2010, 09:33:45 AM
And major props for the tranny choice. :ohyeah:

He picked up a tranny?

hotrodalex

Quote from: the Teuton on April 30, 2010, 07:23:06 PM
I'm getting 33 with the 5-speed and a slightly less aerodynamic body.

And half the power.  :tounge:

I could probably get more with a manual transmission. Too bad I couldn't find any.

BimmerM3

Quote from: r0tor on May 01, 2010, 08:52:17 AM

IIRC, the LEDs were part of a package that would have put him over his price range.

saxonyron

No Alex! It was Nick who picked up the tranny. And I prefer no leds.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

the Teuton

Quote from: hotrodalex on May 01, 2010, 09:36:55 AM
And half the power.  :tounge:

I could probably get more with a manual transmission. Too bad I couldn't find any.

Wait, which car are we talking about?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

hotrodalex

Quote from: the Teuton on May 01, 2010, 11:05:17 AM
Wait, which car are we talking about?

BMW

I have no idea what my brother's Saturn gets, I've never driven it on the highway. If I would guess I would say 30-33 though (has a 4spd auto).

the Teuton

Wait, your BMW is an auto? :(

Rupert

His brother's Saturn is an auto.

the Teuton

Submariner

Quote from: saxonyron on May 01, 2010, 10:31:55 AM
No Alex! It was Nick who picked up the tranny. And I prefer no leds.

Nick likes tranny's?

Everything about him is starting to make more sense now...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

saxonyron

Finally home and able to check in again.  First of all, I want all you guys to stop bragging about your MPG's.  This isn't the Al Gore Car Forum, got it??  1/4 mile times, 0-60, and how many times you soiled your pants taking an exit ramp at 11/10ths are all legitimate.  :rage:  But, FWIW, you have to calculate your real MPGs since the Audi's dashboard always exaggerates 5-10%.

And I get 20-21MPG, so there.  Now where are the rest of those pics?  You've had all day to shoot a roll or 2 or film. 

For a minor thread re-hijacking....Here's the update from the New Orleans GTG.  I did meet up with both Josh and Charlie and we had a few beers on Bourbon Street.  Funny enough, they were exactly as I anticipated, which again is a good thing.  We went to Pat O'Brien's and got a table at the outdoor patio with the flaming fountains and cool ambiance.  The place might be a tourist trap, but as Josh said, you have to go there if you're in town.  We talked college and a little politics. I convinced Josh to become a member of the Tea Party and he now has Ron Paul bumper stickers all over his car.  :ohyeah:  Charlie was a little late since he managed to take out 2 cars and a fire hydrant with his ride on the way over. But his A4 only suffered minor cosmetic damage, so it was driveable.  (Sorry Charlie, that was in seriously poor taste.  My deepest apologies.  :cheers: ) But it was great to meet Josh and Charlie and continue the trend of meeting very cool CarSpin guys.  Except for Dave and Eddie, I haven't been disappointed yet!   

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

dazzleman

Rupert

Quote from: saxonyron on May 01, 2010, 08:39:58 PM

And I get 20-21MPG, so there.  Now where are the rest of those pics?  You've had all day to shoot a roll or 2 or film

FILM?!

Wow, talk about showing your age...

:lol: