Audi A4

Started by giant_mtb, April 03, 2010, 03:19:12 PM

giant_mtb

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

What the hell is on top of your A4 badge?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

A goddamn Fox badge from the dealership.

It's on the list for removal.

Eye of the Tiger

Foxes are cool. Can you save the badge for me? I'll put it on teh Swift.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

the Teuton

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 01, 2010, 05:37:53 PM
Lossy?  :facepalm:

Let him make up his own goddamn language if he really wants. After all, his normal excuse has been that he's not an English major, so he doesn't have to speak the language properly.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

I wish I had the money to get some ceramic brake pads.  I'm sick of feeling the urge to clean my wheels after every 25 miles.  I try to brake as little as possible, but Christ; this shit just piles on like crazy. :rage:

Minpin

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 01, 2010, 06:32:22 PM
I wish I had the money to get some ceramic brake pads.  I'm sick of feeling the urge to clean my wheels after every 25 miles.  I try to brake as little as possible, but Christ; this shit just piles on like crazy. :rage:

?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

giant_mtb

I'm a detailer...whaddya expect. :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 01, 2010, 06:37:50 PM
I'm a detailer...whaddya expect. :lol:

Duct tape some plastic wrap inside of your spokes. It will block the brake dust until it melts to your wheels.

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on July 01, 2010, 06:06:28 PM
Let him make up his own goddamn language if he really wants. After all, his normal excuse has been that he's not an English major, so he doesn't have to speak the language properly.

Was thinking of computer terms.

MP3 is a lossy format. FLAC is lossless.

giant_mtb

Quote from: 2o6 on July 01, 2010, 06:58:54 PM

Was thinking of computer terms.

MP3 is a lossy format. FLAC is lossless.

Computer terms...transmission talk...gears...1001010111...

Doesn't mix. :huh: :lol:

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 01, 2010, 06:32:22 PM

I'm not advertising a car care business on my car, but I just let mine go for awhile. I clean 'em every month-month 1/2. It's next to impossible to keep a car clean down here without a garage anyway.

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on July 01, 2010, 06:06:28 PM

I'm a goddamn engineering student and even i don't make up silly words. We're supposed to be the ones that are terrible with engrish.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on July 02, 2010, 01:10:33 PM

I'm not advertising a car care business on my car, but I just let mine go for awhile. I clean 'em every month-month 1/2. It's next to impossible to keep a car clean down here without a garage anyway.

A month?  Jesus.  I wash my car once a week, whether or not I've got a sign on my car.  But, I've always been into keeping my cars clean anyways, so yeah. :huh:  I do love the fact that I have a garage.  Unfortunately, I won't have one once I go back to school.  Ugh.

giant_mtb

Quote from: SVT_Power on July 02, 2010, 01:12:56 PM
I'm a goddamn engineering student and even i don't make up silly words. We're supposed to be the ones that are terrible with engrish.

Well, technically...

lossy |ˈl?sē; ˈl?sē|
adjective
having or involving the dissipation of electrical or electromagnetic energy.
? Computing of or relating to data compression in which unnecessary information is discarded.

:mask: :lol:

SVT_Power

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 02, 2010, 01:14:40 PM
Well, technically...

lossy |ˈl?sē; ˈl?sē|
adjective
having or involving the dissipation of electrical or electromagnetic energy.
? Computing of or relating to data compression in which unnecessary information is discarded.

:mask: :lol:

Well...well...well... SHUT UP!

I'm not a silly ECE student either. Mech ftw!

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 02, 2010, 01:13:40 PM
A month?  Jesus.  I wash my car once a week, whether or not I've got a sign on my car.  But, I've always been into keeping my cars clean anyways, so yeah. :huh:  I do love the fact that I have a garage.  Unfortunately, I won't have one once I go back to school.  Ugh.

Doesn't rain there everyday does it?  :ohyeah: 

I like my car a lot, but I'm not going to wash my wheels every single friggin Saturday.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on July 02, 2010, 01:22:37 PM

Doesn't rain there everyday does it?  :ohyeah: 

I like my car a lot, but I'm not going to wash my wheels every single friggin Saturday.

Well, no.  We just got through ~2 weeks of straight rain.  Pissed me off.  Slows down the detailing business a lot. :( Now it's nice, though!  Should be for a couple weeks, with a couple random days of rain. :rockon:

Eye of the Tiger

giant_mtb

Took the damn Fox dealership badge off.  Payed $35K for a car and they want to get free advertising on mah trunk?  Fuuuuuck daaaaaat!  Nothin' a piece of floss and some Goo Gone can't take care of in 5 minutes. :rockon: :lol:

There's still a faint outline of the badge from crap building up around its edges, but it'll come off 100% next time I wash the guy.  You still want dat Fox, Nick?!?!?!?!

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 02, 2010, 01:43:12 PM

I wax my wheels whenever I clean them, as I use a spray wax to clean them. :ohyeah:

Eye of the Tiger

Yeah, I want the fox. :lol:

giant_mtb

For real?  'Cause I'll send it to you in tha mail.  I could probably get away with putting it in an envelope inside a card or somethin'.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 02, 2010, 01:45:26 PM
I wax my wheels whenever I clean them, as I use a spray wax to clean them. :ohyeah:

And the brake dust still styx? Ugh. This is never anything I would worry about, but you're a detailing guy...

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 02, 2010, 01:46:02 PM
For real?  'Cause I'll send it to you in tha mail.  I could probably get away with putting it in an envelope inside a card or somethin'.

You don't have to go through all that trouble. I like tigers better, anyway. :lol:

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 02, 2010, 01:46:28 PM
And the brake dust still styx? Ugh. This is never anything I would worry about, but you're a detailing guy...

Of course.  Dust will stick to anything, regardless of how much it has been waxed.  If dust didn't stick to waxed things, my car would never ever ever ever be dusty.  Alas, it is.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on July 02, 2010, 01:49:11 PM
You don't have to go through all that trouble. I like tigers better, anyway. :lol:

It would take 4 minutes of my life, and it'd be hilarious to see my Fox badge on your Swift, but whatevvvvvv.