Your next car?

Started by 2o6, September 30, 2012, 08:28:15 PM

2o6

Simple question. What do you think your next car will be?

2o6

From most desirable to least desirable IMO

Fiesta ST

Sonic RS

Fiat 500T

Fiesta 1.0T

Fiat 500T

Chevrolet Spark* (If the powertrain gets fixed....)

Basically, something small, a hatchback with a stickshift. Maybe faster than what I got now. Spark isn't, but I still actually really like it.

Vinsanity

Assuming my plan to wait 5 years...

2014 Cadillac ATS-V convertible? Shame it probably won't be a V8, though.
Would be be very interested in seeing what the next CTS coupe looks like, too.
2014 BMW 4-series convertible would be a strong contender as well.

Other likely candidates: 2012 Audi A7, BMW 6-series, or Merc E550 coupe. At least I know what those cars look like for sure.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on September 30, 2012, 08:34:12 PM

Basically, something small, a hatchback with a stickshift.

Same basic criteria for me, but probably not those. I'd lean toward a used Mazda2, which is great for the city. Though I'd need to see if I've found the clutch any friendlier for parallel parking on a hill.

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on September 30, 2012, 08:43:11 PM
Same basic criteria for me, but probably not those. I'd lean toward a used Mazda2, which is great for the city. Though I'd need to see if I've found the clutch any friendlier for parallel parking on a hill.

Gearing is too short for my tastes, I would like something a little faster.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on September 30, 2012, 08:44:20 PM
Gearing is too short for my tastes, I would like something a little faster.

Not a problem for me; I live in the city. It's got plenty of low-speed pep, better low-speed steering feel than the other small cars (where you only get anything good closer to the limits). Its problems are a touchy clutch (hopefully easy enough to get used to) and that it's not great on the highway, which isn't a top criteria for me.

2o6

If I'm still working st the dealer, my car will likely be a used Chevy or something

TBR

Depends on the timeline. If I need to buy something within 2 years then likely an E46 330i sedan. If I need to buy something within 3-4 years then likely a new hatchback such as a Mazda3 or Elantra GT (likely be in grad school and won't want both a car payment and maintenance expenses) or maybe whatever I can find for <~$5k. If the Outback holds on through grad school then something along the lines of a new GTI or WRX.

CJ

Raza

I honestly have no clue.  I'll keep the Z4 for years.  When it goes from daily driver to weekend sports car, I'll probably try and find something simple but sporty that's from now or the last few years.  Something like a Viggen would be awesome, but at that point they'd be 15 years old and a complete unknown as far as maintaining them.  I could see myself in something like an A3 2.0T if we get the new model that looks really good.  But I don't really know.  5 years or so from now could end up as many different things.  I don't even know what I'll be doing a year from now, let alone 5. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

thewizard16

I have no idea. I don't want to replace another car right now so I haven't even thought about what I'd replace the ES with. A replacement (or addition to the stable) is entirely possible in about 3-4 years, and inevitable within 6-7. The budget will vary greatly based off timing, but will luckily be more significant than the recent shopping adventure.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Minpin

?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Gotta-Qik-C7

Another Corvette.........
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT666

2008 Shelby GT500 Convertible

...or a 2011-2012 Mustang GT Convertible

hotrodalex

Right now, I want one of these.

Instead of a 302 Ford, I'd put in a turbo 13b and 5 speed. Just for fun. And since it's tube frame and modern suspension, I'd do all that I can to keep it light and handle like a dream.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 30, 2012, 11:41:18 PM
Right now, I want one of these.

Instead of a 302 Ford, I'd put in a turbo 13b and 5 speed. Just for fun. And since it's tube frame and modern suspension, I'd do all that I can to keep it light and handle like a dream.

This is a factory Five kit?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Laconian

I can't myself changing for a while. Maybe winter will change my mind. Winter is coming.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Quote from: hotrodalex on October 01, 2012, 12:21:44 AM
Yup.

Interesting (although I'd still probably choose the Type 65 if I were to ever do that)
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

hotrodalex

Yeah, those are pretty sweet too. I'd be cool with having one of each of their kits. :lol:

Onslaught

New? I have no idea because it's not made yet. I have no need for a new car. If I had to take a stab at it I'd say an very used RX-7 as another toy car. Or some kind of small pickup truck.

280Z Turbo

Northlands

It could be any random well priced used mid sizer / wagon right now.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Lebowski

I've pretty much decided I will look to replace the C6 at the end of next year (CY13).  It'll be approaching 8 years old at that time (took delivery Feb '06). I won't be in a rush, so if I have to order something and wait a few months, that's fine.  

There are really only two candidates to replace it - the C7, which I'll see in Detroit next Jan, or a 991. Very likely to lean towards a vert in either case.  I really like the 991, it will be interesting to see how the C7 turns out, plus of course the price difference is huge.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on October 01, 2012, 09:34:34 AM
There are really only two candidates to replace it - the C7, which I'll see in Detroit next Jan, or a 991. Very likely to lean towards the vert in either case.

You're not worried about scalp burn?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=28188.msg1787087#msg1787087 date=1349106346

You're not worried about scalp burn?

I'll have to leave a hat in the car at all times.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on October 01, 2012, 09:47:20 AM
I'll have I leave a hat in the car at all times.

You're not worried about it blowing off your head when driving?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on October 01, 2012, 09:49:57 AM

You're not worried about it blowing off your head when driving?

I'll bring a backup.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Lebowski

Quote from: Raza  on October 01, 2012, 09:55:33 AM

I have a Tilley with a highly functional chin strap, but prefer baseball cap for driving.