Your next car?

Started by 2o6, September 30, 2012, 08:28:15 PM

Raza

Sporty, I see your arguments and will dissect them and show you how wrong you are in detail when I get home and can use my entire computer screen to see your nonsensical drivel.  :tounge:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

hotrodalex

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 01, 2012, 02:47:53 PM
I haven't heard an OEM stereo with bass to my tastes.

E46 3 series with the upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo kicks pretty well.

850CSi

August 2013 - Wife will need a car since we won't be living walking distance from campus any more. Will be looking for the best low-end bang-for-the-buck zero down lease.

spring 2015 - I should have enough $ to buy a toy. My car will still be my DD, therefore toy must be a droptop with an American V8. I figure a C6 convertible can probably be had for <$13k by then.

Raza

Quote from: 850CSi on October 01, 2012, 03:07:07 PM
August 2013 - Wife will need a car since we won't be living walking distance from campus any more. Will be looking for the best low-end bang-for-the-buck lease.

Fuck that, GTO.

spring 2015 - I should have enough $ to buy a toy. My car will still be my DD, therefore toy must be a droptop with an American V8. I figure a C6 convertible can probably be had for <$13k by then.

I doubt that.  C5s don't cost that little now. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

850CSi

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=28188.msg1787313#msg1787313 date=1349125718
Fuck that, GTO.

:lol:

Even if she was willing to drive my car, I has no ca$h money.

QuoteI doubt that.  C5s don't cost that little now.  

That might be a slightly optimistic number, but my cousin is also a dealer/goes to auctions so that makes it considerably easier. If not, I'd probably spring for a 'Stang GT. In any case, I think it'll need to be a drop top.

ETA: Plus, used cars in general are expensive right now. Hopefully not the case in 2 years.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: hotrodalex on October 01, 2012, 03:02:47 PM
E46 3 series with the upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo kicks pretty well.
Havent heard anything like my 12" Alpine Type-R, bass wise.

CALL_911

If I can somehow come up with $ to sell my car and get an FRS, I'd love to do it.

Realistically, I'm going to drive my car until the wheels fall off and probably replace it with a used 3-series in the future. This is talking ~10 years in the future.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 01, 2012, 04:07:40 PM
I hear ya.  I've got two 10" Rockford Fosgates, Infiniti Kappa component speakers, Sony GT700HD head unit and a 5 channel Clarion amp.  No stock system I've ever heard has come close.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: SVT666 on October 01, 2012, 04:37:26 PM
I hear ya.  I've got two 10" Rockford Fosgates, Infiniti Kappa component speakers, Sony GT700HD head unit and a 5 channel Clarion amp.  No stock system I've ever heard has come close.
In the Focus? That must bang with the hatch. Next system I build, I would love to mess with a passive radiator and really save some space.

68_427

GC8 Impreza or Outback LL Bean with Macintosh stereo.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

J86

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 01, 2012, 05:27:50 PM
In the Focus? That must bang with the hatch. Next system I build, I would love to mess with a passive radiator and really save some space.
It was awesome.  It's all going in the Explorer now.  Just trying to design a box that will fit with the third row up or down.

hotrodalex

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 01, 2012, 04:07:40 PM

Well obviously it's not up to the level of 600 watt subs. But it'll still kick enough to be able to feel it in your chest. Enough that I wouldn't bother upgrading it unless a speaker blew or something.

rohan

next car is a Sequoia Limited.  We're keeping the car for several more years but the Durango is getting long in the tooth now so we're moving up in size and the most comfy by a long shot is the Toyota.  Probably going to be around June.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

hotrodalex

Quote from: rohan on October 02, 2012, 12:44:36 AM
next car is a Sequoia Limited.  We're keeping the car for several more years but the Durango is getting long in the tooth now so we're moving up in size and the most comfy by a long shot is the Toyota.  Probably going to be around June.

One of these?

Yeah, they're pretty comfy. Slept in one overnight when I went camping and was too lazy to set up the tent in the rain. :lol:

Rupert

That is one of the greatest attributes of larger SUVs. Fuck setting up tents any time, and especially in the rain!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

SVT666

Quote from: sportyaccordy on October 01, 2012, 05:27:50 PM
While designing the new box for the Explorer, I realized I built the last box too small.  25% too small.  Shit, this is going to sound much better than the old one.

Raza

I still really want an old Viggen as a daily driver in a couple of years.  Fuck how hard the ownership experience will be, it's worth it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MexicoCityM3

Who knows? Possibilities that I like today:

Golf
F80/82 M3
Boxster S
535i
Evoque

None of those will happen soon except big maybe the Golf.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

J86

Quote from: Raza  on October 02, 2012, 11:12:19 AM
I still really want an old Viggen as a daily driver in a couple of years.  Fuck how hard the ownership experience will be, it's worth it. 

That's what my old man thought (with a Saab, not a Viggen however).  It wasn't.  :lol:  Too bad, 'cause they're cool!

Lebowski

Quote from: rohan on October 02, 2012, 12:44:36 AM

My brother has a Sequoia Limited ... I like it, but it's too big IMO, I like my 4Runner better.  But, I don't have kids.

MX793

Haven't decided yet which car I'll replace first.  Part of me thinks my next car will be a replacement for the Mazda.  I don't drive it a lot, but the body rust is starting to get pretty bad.  In which case, I'll go for something used and preferably a hatch.  AWD would be nice as well.  I'm thinking Impreza or Outback Sport.

Then again, maybe I'll just keep driving the Mazda until the wheels fall off.  I'm down to only driving it a few thousand miles a year since it's largely relegated to winter duty, so it's not like I'm racking up a ton of miles on it.  In which case, I'll probably look to replace the Mustang in 2 years.  I'll have to see what's on the market.  If the next generation Mustang still offers the engine I've got in a lighter, sharper handling package, it could be a winner.  Would also be open to a BRZ, especially if they offer one with a bit more low-end power at a reasonable price.

Truthfully, I think my next vehicle purchase will be of the 2-wheeled variety.  The new Ninja 1000 has really caught my fancy.

Decisions decisions....
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Quote from: J86 on October 02, 2012, 05:46:16 PM
That's what my old man thought (with a Saab, not a Viggen however).  It wasn't.  :lol:  Too bad, 'cause they're cool!

There's always the MkVI GTI.

But Viggens are so awesome.  And since I'll have two at the time, the fact that it might not be all that reliable isn't an issue.  I'll just take the BMW instead. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

J86

Yeah, with two cars, fuckit!

Raza

Quote from: J86 on October 02, 2012, 09:12:49 PM
Yeah, with two cars, fuckit!

And, following the Sporty model, Viggens will be dirt cheap in a few years.  I'm already seeing two and four door models selling for $4500-6500. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

If I could pick up a Viggen for about 4-5k, that might be my next car.  Thinking of selling the WRX to pay off debt.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

S204STi

:lol:

Need to sell A before I buy B.  But that may be in the works soon.

Hilariously, with just 30k fewer miles and 7 years newer, mine is worth about 10k more.

850CSi