Finally Got My Car!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, May 09, 2007, 08:04:58 PM

nickdrinkwater

So someone parked a Camry outside your house?  :devil:

Nah, just kidding.  Congrats!  :ohyeah:

BimmerM3

Quote from: Raghavan on May 09, 2007, 09:33:21 PM
That's what i was thinking but i thought i was wrong. Maybe it has a "dealer installed" V6. :lol:

Or they just really wanted those steel rims and hubcaps so they paid extra to swap them out with one of the I4s.

Either way, as long as you keep the 'Trep, I'm happy.

TheIntrepid

It's got dual exhausts, and a sunroof. I have no idea about the wheels, frankly. Those are alloys though, aren't they? They sure don't look like hubcaps.

Yes, we're keeping the Trep.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ifcar

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 05:56:41 AM
It's got dual exhausts, and a sunroof. I have no idea about the wheels, frankly. Those are alloys though, aren't they? They sure don't look like hubcaps.

You can even tell in the picture. :rolleyes:

ifcar

TheIntrepid

That looks like the LE V6 to me. Plus, I saw the LE badge on the back, and the dual exhausts. I'll get better pictures tomorrow or Saturdya.

edit:  7-spokers on Iffy's car and 6's on mine?

AKL

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 06:00:18 AM

That looks like the LE V6 to me. Plus, I saw the LE badge on the back, and the dual exhausts. I'll get better pictures tomorrow or Saturdya.

edit:? 7-spokers on Iffy's car and 6's on mine?
That doesn't explain the JBL system? :rolleyes:

Doesn't even come as an option on the LE model.

That's definetly not an LE V6. I have a friend who owns the LE i4, and the LE V6. They definetly DO NOT share the same wheels.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

TheIntrepid

I have a secret to tell. I've never been able to tell the difference between hubcaps and alloys. The dealer probably jipped my dad.

ifcar

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AKL on May 10, 2007, 06:03:07 AM
That doesn't explain the JBL system  :rolleyes:

That's definetly not an LE V6. I have a friend who owns the LE i4, and the LE V6. They definetly DO NOT share the same wheels.

Doesn't even come as an option on the LE model.

Same system as in my SE man; I can tell that much.

AKL

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 06:03:43 AM
Same system as in my SE man; I can tell that much.

Then it must have been dealer installed.
---------------------
---------------------

ifcar

AKL

---------------------
---------------------

TheIntrepid

Quote from: AKL on May 10, 2007, 06:04:30 AM
Then it must have been dealer installed.

Yes, it is installed by Ken Shaw Lexus Toyota.

About the V6, I frankly didn't have the balls to admit to the guys that I got an LE I4. It's bad enough that I got the fucking Camry; I'm going to have to take enough shit about you guys for that. I didn't think it'd be that bluntly obvious that it's a 4. I am planning on getting a dual cat-back exhaust system so it's not bluntly obvious it's a 4.

:( :( :( :(

ifcar

FIU Panther

2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL

FIU Panther

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 06:11:18 AM
About the V6, I frankly didn't have the balls to admit to the guys that I got an LE I4.

Why you'd lie on a car forum about what you got and provide a picture is beyond me. Did you think people wouldn't catch on?
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL

IrishGuy

Wow... imagine that, Trep lied once again  :rolleyes:
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

TheIntrepid

It was more like an exaggeration. I just didn't have the guts. Plus, all I would get was "bad choice", because I was going to get a 335i, an A4, a Passat, some NICE car. Then they came home with this fucker. I'm not too happy myself with the choice, but I'm happy that they got me the car.

ifcar

Right, it's definitely not that you misidentified what engine was in the Camry that happened to park on the street near your house.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: ifcar on May 10, 2007, 06:18:07 AM
Right, it's definitely not that you misidentified what engine was in the Camry that happened to park on the street near your house.

:rolleyes: I'll get better pics tomorrow. I'm going to be at school till late today, and my uncle is taking it to his house about a block away.

edit: and no, Iffy. I'm very uncomfortable when taking pictures of cars on the street that aren't exotics or something. I'm paranoid that someone would see me and ask questions.

GoCougs

nickdrinkwater

Sorry dude, but you can't expect people to take you seriously if you're a consistent liar.  It aint gonna fly.  Why you that bothered about what other people think, end of the day, its your car and be proud of what you got IMO, not worried about what people on a forum are going to judge.  And if you are worried about that, people are gonna respect you more if you tell the truth  :rockon:

I'm proud of my car even if other people might think its shit!

TheIntrepid

Frankly I do feel that I should have said that it was a 4 from the beginning, but I just couldn't take the fact that 90% of this forum was going to mock me for getting a 4.

I've been trying to make a major point here that as much as you may not consider me a true enthusiast, I DO like the Camry. I also LOVE my Intrepid. I don't give a shit if they're big, FWD, automatic boats, but they're mine and I'm happy with them. Yes, this Camry's hopelessly slow, but it's smooth and roomy, and I like it. It's reliable and frankly that's all I want as of now. I want to get myself through school so someday I can afford those luxury and sports cars I so fantasize about

Danish

Quote from: GoCougs on May 10, 2007, 07:08:45 AM
Utterly amazing.

+1  :confused:

PS: WTF is wrong with a four banger? If I were to buy a Camry, I'd def. get the four. My dad is in the car market right now and he is looking at Camries... with fours.
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

SJ_GTI

omicron

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 07:58:16 AM
Frankly I do feel that I should have said that it was a 4 from the beginning, but I just couldn't take the fact that 90% of this forum was going to mock me for getting a 4.

I've been trying to make a major point here that as much as you may not consider me a true enthusiast, I DO like the Camry. I also LOVE my Intrepid. I don't give a shit if they're big, FWD, automatic boats, but they're mine and I'm happy with them. Yes, this Camry's hopelessly slow, but it's smooth and roomy, and I like it. It's reliable and frankly that's all I want as of now. I want to get myself through school so someday I can afford those luxury and sports cars I so fantasize about

Trep, dude, man, hey, there was no reason to lie here. There's nothing wrong with a 4cyl Camry, except that it's quite possibly just as boring as the V6 Carmy, but gets better gas mileage. And aren't you keeping the Interpid anyway?
:confused:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)