Finally Got My Car!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, May 09, 2007, 08:04:58 PM

TheIntrepid

Yeah Wimmer, I looked out the window at it this morning and just as I was about to say something abotu how stylish it looks I *snore*

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

omicron

Intriguingly, the I4 automatic Camry is rated at 9.9l/100km, and the V6 automatic Aurion (Oz V6 Camry) is also rated at 9.9l/100km.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: omicron on May 10, 2007, 09:15:01 AM
Intriguingly, the I4 automatic Camry is rated at 9.9l/100km, and the V6 automatic Aurion (Oz V6 Camry) is also rated at 9.9l/100km.

You know... that wouldn't suprise me a bit.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SaltyDog

So why'd you get a Camry?  Are your parents big on safety?  Otherwise I don't get it.  Not to bust your balls or anything...

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

omicron

Quote from: NACar on May 10, 2007, 09:18:53 AM

You know... that wouldn't suprise me a bit.

'Course, the Aurion's traction control firmly grasps one's testicles and squeezes like Famke Janssen in GoldenEye if you so much as dare to induce adequate acceleration, so it's not all good.

BMWDave

Trep, you need to do one of two things, or both.? Grow a set of balls, or stop being a pathological lier.? ?No one could care less what car you have, and having a V6 surely wouldn't elevate you in our eyes.? And having an I4 wouldn't degrade you at all.? You need to stop thinking that self aggrandizement on an internet forum will bring you recognition and respect.

And congrats on the car, if it is indeed your own.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

93JC

Quote from: BMWDave on May 10, 2007, 09:55:56 AM
Trep, you need to do one of two things, or both.? Grow a set of balls, or stop being a pathological lier.? ?No one could care less what car you have, and having a V6 surely wouldn't elevate you in our eyes.? And having an I4 wouldn't degrade you at all.? You need to stop thinking that self aggrandizement on an internet forum will bring you recognition and respect.

:clap:

Tave

Nice car man.

And c'mon dude, I drive a friggin Aveo and will proudly flaunt that shit across the continent.

I don't have any experience with the Camry's I4, but my parent's 2002 Accord has one and it's got more than enough power for some fun. I took it up to the mountains with a couple friends and got it to exhibit terminal understeer up a steep grade. Going downhill the thing just flew.

It's not a slug, my 22r-e was a slug (and I bet people have driven slower and still had fun).

And I'd take it over your Intrepid in a heartbeat.

And oh yeah, free car!!!!  :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

280Z Turbo

Half of us here probably drive a car with an inline four.

heelntoe

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on May 10, 2007, 10:02:08 AM
Half of us here probably drive a car with an inline four.
but that's nowhere near as cool as the I3 i'm driving now(running into the ground, actually)
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

What's wrong with the Indica?

SJ_GTI

Wait a sec, so you guys actually believe he has a new Camry?  :confused:

:lol:

PS. Inline 4-cylinder engines are for pussies.

omicron

Quote from: SJ_GTI on May 10, 2007, 10:20:51 AM
Wait a sec, so you guys actually believe he has a new Camry? :confused:

PS. Inline 4-cylinder engines are for pussies.

It takes an I4 for pussy these days? I would have thought a few more inches would have done the trick. Works for me, anyhow.

TBR

The constant lying continues. Surely you aren't going to get offended when we continue to question everything you say.

heelntoe

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 10:20:27 AM
What's wrong with the Indica?
nothing. my friend decided he wanted to run his car into the ground. the clutch barely works, the engine misfires and the bttery is dead. the only thing we're taking car of is the brakes. we're waiting for the thing to die.
this is fun. :lol: :lol:
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Quote from: heelntoe on May 10, 2007, 11:30:44 AM
nothing. my friend decided he wanted to run this car into the ground. the clutch barely works, the engine misfires and the bttery is dead. the only thing we're taking car of is the brakes. we're waiting for the thing to die.
this is fun. :lol: :lol:

Planning on getting a new car anytime soon? Camry V3 there costs about Rs. 25lakhs right?

heelntoe

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 11:32:04 AM
Planning on getting a new car anytime soon? Camry V3 there costs about Rs. 25lakhs right?
ha! for that price, i'd rather have a skoda vRS and get a chip.
and this guy already has a C-class.
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Isn't this your family car? What are you planning on getting?

heelntoe

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 11:37:01 AM
Isn't this your family car? What are you planning on getting?
huh?
i already have a perfectly fine car. my dad always says he want's to buy a car but in the end, he drops the idea.(we get to test drive a lot of cars though :praise: )
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Is the Indica your family car? How is it "perfectly fine"? You just said the clutch barely works, the engine misfires, and the battery's gone.

Unless there's something I'm not getting here.

heelntoe

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 11:45:30 AM

Is the Indica your family car? How is it "perfectly fine"? You just said the clutch barely works, the engine misfires, and the battery's gone.

Unless there's something I'm not getting here.
read foo!!!
a friends M800 is on it's last legs.
my car is less than a year old and it's pampered.
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Oops. :mask: 

Got pics of Indica?

heelntoe

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 11:52:52 AM
Oops. :mask: 

Got pics of Indica?
yeah, i need to get the roll developed(i know, i trump jamal's caveman-ness)
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

I think he has a really nice film camera though. :P

heelntoe

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 11:56:10 AM
I think he has a really nice film camera though. :P
mine is 6 years old. and i replaced the original battery just last week.
@heelntoe

MrH

Un-fucking-believable.

Grow some nuts.  Get some integrity while you're at it.  This is just pitiful.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Laconian

We have a saying in Texas, don't know if you have this in Canada... Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

uhh...

fool me can't get fooled again.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

FordSVT

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 07:58:16 AM
Frankly I do feel that I should have said that it was a 4 from the beginning, but I just couldn't take the fact that 90% of this forum was going to mock me for getting a 4.

It's better they mock you after catching you in a lie? It's a Carmy to use on the daily commute, not a sports car, I sure as hell wouldn't have cared if you got a 4 cyl.
-FordSVT-

cawimmer430

Quote from: TheIntrepid on May 10, 2007, 09:08:30 AM
Yeah Wimmer, I looked out the window at it this morning and just as I was about to say something abotu how stylish it looks I *snore*

Did you drive the last generation Snorebox? I want to know how this thing compares.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

TheIntrepid

Quote from: cawimmer430 on May 10, 2007, 12:15:36 PM

Did you drive the last generation Snorebox? I want to know how this thing compares.

The 02-06 was the only generation Camry my family's never owned, except the initial 83-86 one. I have driven an '03 though, and it was too overly floaty. The '07 is a bit "tighter" feeling, and it doesn't feel as tall as the last one.